About Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Paramount among the benefits of sweet orange essential oil is its effect on the mental and emotional systems. Well-known for its uplifting and worry-reducing properties, orange oil carries cheerfulness while simultaneously calms, making it ideal as an overall mood enhancer and relaxant. Its balancing effect on the mind and body, and its warming and joyful qualities benefit people of all ages. Its broad aromatic appeal renders it an excellent choice for diffusing in diverse groups.
Viaje Sweet Orange Essential Oil finds a wide range of use in holistically supporting the body on physical, mental, and emotional levels, while its universally appealing aroma and ease of blending make it useful under almost any circumstances and valuable addition to many formula. On the physical level orange oil, topically applied, can promote detoxification. This action has a positive effect on assisting the body both during times of wellness as well as cold season. Orange essential oil, when inhaled, can settle the tummy. An overall excellent skin tonic, orange essential oil is used to support clear skin. In the home, orange oil can be used (diluted) as a powerful grease cutter and cleaning agent.
How to Use Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and promote feelings of joy.
- Diffuse alone or blended with other essential oils in a waterless essential oil diffuser.
Other Ways to Use Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Sweet orange essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser. Because of its potential phototoxic effects, it should always be diluted and dermal applications avoided before exposure to sunlight.
- Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and enliven stale air.
- Add several drops to bathwater to help eliminate toxins, boost the lymphatic and immune systems and calm the nerves.
- Add several drops orange oil to a clean damp washcloth and toss in the dryer to freshen linens.
- Add 10 drops orange oil and three drops peppermint essential oil to a spray bottle for a revivifying air freshener.
Please use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including orange, are phototoxic and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil Recipes
- Garden Insect Spray: 4 drops sweet orange oil, 2 drops grapefruit essential oil, 2 drops lavender essential oil, 2 drops Roman chamomile essential oil in 4 oz bottle; spray affected leaves
- Massage Oil: 4 drops sweet orange oil, 8 drops plain oil, 2 drops black pepper oil, 2 drops neroli oil in 15 mL jojoba oil
Interesting Sweet Orange Essential Oil Information
The vibrant orange color, tangy flavor, and bright scent of this widely used fruit are all synonymous with joy, sunlight, and sweetness. Historically, the peels of oranges have been used in Chinese Medicine for a variety of ailments. They remain a vital part of Chinese medicine and are thought to bring good luck. The orange tree was brought west by Portuguese explorers in the early 16th century. Used in countless products, orange essential oil has made its way into skin care, cleaning, gardening, and food markets worldwide.
Sweet orange oil, along with grapefruit oil, contains the highest percentage of limonene, a natural compound, which has been studied for its chemopreventive effects to support cancer treatment. A study led by Mei University in Japan found that using orange oil reduced the dosage necessary for patients suffering from depression.
Some citrus oils are steam-distilled, but most are expressed, or expeller-pressed, by squeezing the fatty oil from the rind of the fruit. The expression method does not produce what is technically considered “essential” oils, though this is the best method of extraction in most cases.
Editor’s Note/Disclaimer: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only; does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Diffuser World, Inc.; and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programs.